News from the kitchen for the Wednesday Evening Meal program:
- 20 dinners prepared so far this year (September 2012 to February 2013)
- 10,400 Total meals served
- 520 Average # served each week
- 640 Largest # served on December 19th
- 270 Smallest # served on Ash Wednesday
- $40,000 spent on groceries and kitchen supplies so far this year
- $42,000 in donations received (Thank you!)
- $2,800 spent from extra donations to purchase a new 2 door refrigerator (check it out in the large storage room) because we’ve been short on cold storage space
- 145 Average # of children under 12 who attend church dinners every Wednesday
I think high fives are in order…
The Wednesday Meal team, along with the education staff, worship team, and the Praise Band, strives to make the Wednesday “From the Heart” program a vital part of our congregational life. The mealtimes we share on Wednesdays are a part of the ministry, mission, and vision of the church. Thanks for sharing it with us. After dinner, join us for worship every week from 6:30 to 7:00pm.
Calvary Lutheran Church, in 1994, through a process of prayer and decision by the members decided to be a shared decision/vision making, congregationally-based ministry.
On February 13, 1995, members of Calvary recommitted themselves to the mission and ministry of Christ that began nearly 50 years ago by adopting the following new mission statement, that remains as the mission of Calvary today:
Mindful of a need to worship and better serve Jesus Christ, the Vision for Mission of Calvary Lutheran Church commits this congregation to develop a dynamic, corporate worship; train laity to enhance small group ministry; energize mission and outreach programs; and strengthen youth and family ministry.
In March of 1998 the people of Calvary voted unanimously in favor of the following vision:
Maintain a strong Word and Sacrament ministry while becoming a center for youth and family enrichment.